Sunday, December 26, 2010

so this is love...

"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes. Love does not come to an end." -quoted in A Walk to Remember


The first time I heard this, my automatic response was, "Love must not be human."


Call me a cynic and you'd be right.

3 comments:

Q said...

True words.

Woman in a Window said...

Oh my. You know what? I read the quote a day ago or so in my Reader and I had just written a post called The Lovers and I laughed, for I thought you were agreeing with this quote, not having come over here to read your response.

Love is many things and is as slippery as a fish. No words can hold it really. It is wily.:)

Hope your holidays have been wonderful, Georgie. Hope your new year will be even better.

xo
erin

Holly said...

yes, i would agree. perfect love is not human; it is divine. we love imperfectly.