Thursday, December 13, 2012

no, I am not drunk...

Did you know that going without sleep for more than 16 hours impairs functioning in ways similar to having a blood alcohol content of 0.08? Long periods of time without sleeping has the same side effects as being legally drunk.

According to these studies and statistics, I'm drunk. I never thought that would happen. But, after 34 hours without sleep (one hour of sleep last night due to the ER adventure and staying up to finish my last term paper), I think it's affecting me. Sleep deprived drunk.

And I'm not even 21 yet. Way to get the party started early.

3 comments:

Q said...

Trust me. You aren't exactly like a drunk person.

Holly said...

sixteen hours? hum. that's not a very high bar!

Sarah Anne said...

Lol, I know. But I also know I don't remember much of what happened yesterday...and my head really hurts! Kinda like a Nyquil hangover. Ugh.