Friday, July 5, 2013

miss independent...

Provo boasts the biggest 4th of July celebration in the state of Utah. They also boast the biggest 4th of July celebration in the United States. However, I'm not entirely sure that is true (and I'm almost positive that it isn't).

As independent as I like to think I am, I'm not. I like doing things with other people, and I often don't do things I like because I don't like going alone. So I was really glad when Ann invited me to see the balloon festival and the parade on the 4th of July.

Sadly, the balloon launch was cancelled due to "inclement aggressive weather" -- and we were sad, because we got up at 4:00am to get a good spot.

The parade was alright, though (if I was somebody else I would say it was great, but parades aren't really my thing). I had fun with Ann and her family, and it was good to get out and do something different.


Jenny and Ann blowing bubbles before the parade starts.




Bubbles and cute nieces.



This cookie? Amazing.

No comments: