Sunday, February 13, 2011

spin me like a top...

The Orem Institute hosted a Valentine's dance this past Friday. There was no way I was not going to go to this dance (20-piece live band = I am SO there), so I asked my friend to go with me. Truth be told, I almost didn't ask him because I was SO incredibly nervous to, but hey. I eventually got around to it.

Sometimes there are decisions you make that you regret. This was definitely not one of them. Holy cow, that was one of the best nights of my entire life! First we went to see "The Phantom of the Opera" at a nearby high school, and it was actually very impressive. Our group had a great time together, and we also had a wonderful time talking at dinner. It was fun, laid back, and I have come to the realization that I am terrible at dating because I am so very awkward.

Daniel is an incredible dancer! Wow, it was so much fun! I really didn't even have to think about how bad I am at dancing with a partner; he did most of the work and I just spun wherever he wanted me to go. From ChaCha to swing to jive to polka to waltz to who know what else (the majority of which I had never learned before), it was absolutely delightful. That's how dances should be. None of this jumping up and down in the same place like we do these days. It's the full out, amazing twirling!


I am so glad Daniel went with me. It was truly fantastic. Honest to goodness, it was the best.


1 comment:

Q said...

I'm trying to get a coalition of my housemates to take beginning social dance in the fall and then have a dance at the end of it. Because it would be fun.