Thursday, May 2, 2013

why do I feel like I failed...

I got a 3.7 for the semester. Two A's, an A-, and a B+.

First ever B+ at BYU. In a history class. I'm good at history and I got a B+.

My rational mind recognizes that I did a really good job, particularly given the circumstances of the past few months. I've never missed that much school in college, and I've never missed that much work. I had such a hard time doing my homework because I was so sick most of the time, and taking exams was a nightmare.

Oh, and I figured out why things were made harder: I went to the psychiatrist yesterday to ask him some questions about my medications that I was given for migraines and depression, and we discovered that the meds are causing short term memory problems. This also messes up long term memory, particularly with studying, because the short term never sticks long enough to become long term.

What.

So, in reality, I should be very happy with this semester. But for some reason, I feel like I totally failed.

That's dumb.

1 comment:

Q said...

Honey, a B+ in college isn't a big deal. Keep telling yourself that until it sticks in your long-term memory. ;)

You feel like a failure because you're too hard on yourself!