Monday, February 8, 2010

rehearsal of doom...

I've never liked body microphones. The first time I wore one was in "CATS". That mic pack was one that you taped to your cheek.

I found out today that I have to wear a mic for "Seasons of Love". Only it's a weird mic. It's called: a hair mic. You clip it to your hair in two places, at the base of your hair line and at the back of your scalp. Then you tape it to your neck. Then you put it into a bag around your waist or, in some cases, in a pouch near your chest.

The problem with a hair mic is that it's very obvious. I mean, it kind of looks like a piece of fluff of peanut butter or gum stuck in your hair right above your forehead. SO, you have to hide it somehow. Since it was just tech rehearsal we weren't too concerned about hiding the mics right then, but we had to think about it for the performances. I wonder how I'm going to fix my hair over it...

The tech rehearsal was long, but not super long for me because my specialty number was at the very beginning of the program. As soon as I was done I left. When I got home I was feeling really down. I was frustrated with the rehearsal, I was nervous about upcoming tests, AND my costumes still weren't done. My mom had had a ton of math homework so she couldn't help me, and I don't know how to sew that sort of stuff. We called a lady in my ward, and she agreed to help but then her husband called back an hour later to tell us that she'd come down really sick.

I didn't know what to do. I pulled out the neighborhood directory and looked up people who I know can sew. I found Sister Baird's number, who helped with my skirt before. I called her and asked if she could help me hem the skirt and fix the length of the bodice, and she said she'd help me.

Goodness gracious, she did help me!! Plus her husband showed my dad how they'd done the kitchen, and I've decided that I want a kitchen like they have when I grow up. Talk about counters!! You can never have too much counterspace, I think.

So it's been working out again. :)

1 comment:

COLEMAN said...

I’m glad you got the sewing done!
What an accomplishment!!!