Sunday, July 10, 2011

day 61...

a picture of myself and a description of my day...


Today was my best friend Jordan's mission farewell. He leaves for the Missionary Training Center (MTC) on Wednesday afternoon, where he will stay for about 9 weeks. After that, he heads out to Independence, Missouri, where he will complete his 2-year mission for the LDS church.

As for how the day went, it was emotional. Or more like I was trying very hard not to be emotional, for Jordan's sake and for his family. I spent the afternoon in the kitchen for the most part, making salads and keeping all of the platters and bowls full for his family and friends. It was good to be helping, and to be behind the scenes. I've never sent off a really close friend before. It is much harder than I expected it would be.

2 years. It seems like so much more time now than it did when Jordan and I would talk about his mission when we were in high school. It was almost like it would never happen, that he'd actually leave.

Tonight we said good-bye, and that's that. In three days he'll be gone. Jordan will be an incredible missionary. I'm so glad that he gets to do this. But to be honest...

I miss him already.

No comments: