Sunday, July 8, 2012

rough weekend...

This morning I received word that two former students from my high school were killed in a motorcycle accident at about 4:30 a.m. David, one of the people killed, is the brother of one of my concert choir girls who I was section leader over during her sophomore and my senior year of high school. The other student who was killed, Janet, is another one of my concert choir girls.

I only met David once, and I must say that he is one of the funniest, nicest men I've had the opportunity to cross paths with. He came into PartyLand on Saturday morning and bought a bunch of stuff to decorate his sister's car with at her reception. Lineah was married on Friday, and the reception was held on Saturday night. David died today, Sunday morning.

Janet is such a sweet, kind girl. She was in my soprano section. She started out with a shy voice, but by her senior year when she performed in the end of the year concert, it wasn't so shy anymore. She had a big heart and a big smile, and was friendly to everyone. Janet graduated from high school in May of this year.

It's been a really hard year for Mountain View High School. Two students committed suicide during the school year, one of them a good friend of my sisters'. Now two alumni as well. Man. Things like these you never see coming. David and Janet will be missed dearly -- they are very loved people. They touched a lot of lives, mine included.

No comments: