Sunday, April 15, 2012

woman of light...

Lately I've been trying to get in touch with the incredible people in the blogosphere. I've kept writing on my own, but I haven't read many of the blogs I used to when I was in high school.

As I was reconnecting, I noticed a remembrance button for a name I recognized. After doing a little digging, I received an email from one of the other women whose blog I love, informing me that my friend Char had passed away in June of last year.

I had no idea -- I didn't know Char in person, but I knew her through her words and her photographs. It's actually been really, really hard to wrap my head around. I read her stories all through my years in high school. Her photos, her words, her recipes, her advice, her music -- she was an absolutely beautiful, inspiring, and genuine friend. All of the things she wrote about meant so much to me when I was in my junior and senior year. I read her blog every time she posted, until I left the blog world settle into the new world of "grown up" that I had been tossed into.

Char stopped in to visit here every once in awhile. She commented on pictures from the dances I went to, saying that I looked lovely. That was a time when I was feeling like a rather ugly duckling; she didn't think so.

She gave me advice on how to see the world as a beautiful place.

She was real, you know. She was beautiful and smart and kind and funny. She helped me be stronger and better. She truly was, and is, a wonderful, exceptional, beautiful woman of light who touched my life.

I miss you, my friend. Until we meet in heaven -- I hope it's full of light and warmth and beauty. But of course it is, because guess what? You're an angel there now.

No comments: