Friday, September 26, 2008

AP Environmental Science Rock/Mineral Lab Test

For the past three weeks (ish), my class has been studying, memorizing, and learning 62 different minerals and rocks (igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic). The test was 20 multiple choice questions based on the mineral and rock properties we learned, 6 samples of minerals/rocks we had never seen before and had to identify using the properties and compositional rules, and 40 rock/mineral samples that we had to name by sight.

Hard much? Yes. Study much? Over 40 hours total-in class, before class at 6:30, after school for half an hour every few days, late into the night with textbook and field book. One hour per rock. Nah, just kidding. Stress much? In tears last night. Notes much? 38 pages.

And after all of that, the sweat and tears, sleepless nights full of rocks racing through my head, and the constant droppage of rare samples owned by my teacher--------

I PASSED!!! 84%!!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!!

I never want to look at another rock again.

But I will. I'm like that.

I'm going to bed. I better not dream about any rocks, or one is going through Mr. Clark's window.

No comments: