Monday, September 15, 2008

Homecoming 2008-2009 Part II

4:30 P.M.
Second shower of the day, because the activity in the morning was actually quite physical. Not like that, for all of you who automatically think of what I told my mom last night [Martie, this is you (for those of you out of the loop, I'll explain later)]. All of the running around made me sticky, so I hopped into the shower for a very cold rinse. Dishwasher was running. Loverly.

4:45 P.M.
Make-up and hair time! My mom loves dances; it's the only time I let her touch my hair without doing it grudgingly. Up in little rhinestone clips it goes, gel to stop frizz, gel again, take it out, straighten part, in go the clips, out they come, in, out, gel-fin!!! Then comes make-up...

5:15 P.M.
Make-up. We're doing eyes. :)

5:30 P.M.
My mother says that I am the only person that she knows who is harder to put lipstick on than eyes. She says that I can keep my eyes open forever, but as soon as my mouth opens out come the yawns, giggles, and other such things. Silly, right? I dunno. I just can't sit still when stuff if by my mouth. I either want to eat it or I want to get away from it. :)

5:45 P.M.
On goes the dress! One problem-the stays are so tight that I can't bend over to lace up my shoes. So, mom had to do it for me. I felt like Cinderella.

6:00 P.M.
He's supposed to be here.

6:01 P.M.
Pacing

6:02 P.M.
Pacing

6:03 P.M.
Hit in the face with a tennis ball and join in the game.

6:04 P.M.
Resume pacing

6:05 P.M.
Mom found the camera. Picture time. I am picky about it this time; she kept shooting on the side where my hair wasn't over my shoulder, so I looked all out of balance. We took it three times-then more.

6:12 P.M.
Jordan's coming up the walk, and I'm still in the living room! Run for it!

6:15
"Sarah?"
"Coming!"
I make my entrance, all Belle-like (favorite princess). Jordan is so handsome! He went all out and got a tuxedo. I have to admit I was impressed. We even matched perfectly, my brown dress the same shade as his vest. Awesome. The good-byes, good lucks, last minute instructions, and off we go!

6:20 P.M.
At MVHS, we get in line for pictures. Thing is, there was no line, so we just step right up and pose around the lightpost that is the prop (again). Very fun.

6:30 P.M.
Rest of group is late. Drew, Chels, Jordan, and I sit in The Zone and wait.

6:40 P.M.
Still waiting

6:50 P.M.
Say hello to people

7:00 P.M.
Finally they show up! Jane and Ann look so cute. Chelsea (Derek's) is pretty. Adam is spiffy, Jason is tall and cool, Derek is snazzy. All in all, we had a great group.

7:05 P.M.
Enter the Men in Black Protecting Barbie Doll Models, aka our group picture idea. Pretty sweet.

7:10 P.M.
Out the door for dinner!

No comments: