Thursday, September 25, 2008

i've got a date

Well, I decided I'd bid for a date today at my school's date auction. The "property" in question was a certain Taylor J. The bidding got so high that they decided to split the price between me and the other bidding girl, so we each get a date with him.

I only bid because it's for a fundraiser to earn money for a boy in our school who needs a kidney transplant. It wasn't until I got to class that I realized who exactly I was going out with.

First off, he's a Senior. Secondly, he's extremely good looking. Third, he's one of the most popular guys in the entire school and Student Body Vice-President.

First off, I'm a Junior. Secondly, I'm not very pretty. Third, I'm one of the least popular nobodies in the entire school and a complete Hermione Granger, hair, grades, breakdowns, and everything.

Compatible? Not. I am now extremely nervous and cannot think of a single thing to do. What do you plan for a date with the gorgeous, very popular Student Body Vice-President who you've never spoken to and you think has too many cars? (j/k, that video was funny)

I'm going to ask him what he wants to do. Maybe he can come up with some ideas and a group to go with.

Greg says that I should suggest to him that he pay for the date because I "paid" for him. I dunno. Greg says he'd go for it, but I don't even know him. How can I suggest that?

Sheesh. This is so complicated. All I wanted was to donate to a good cause. It'll probably turn out all right.

I hope.

4 comments:

Q said...

Um, wow. I would help you, but I have no idea what to do either. I'm still trying to figure out why you bid in the first place. Not that you wouldn't be a good date, just that I thought the whole idea of a date auction is weird.

Tiana Cole said...

Don't worry about it. I know Taylor, and he really is a very nice guy, even though he's really popular. :) He's pretty laid back, and he'd probably be cool with just about anything you decide to do. He'll make you feel special, and definitely not a nobody. Remember Nic? He's sort of like that. Just different. Hehe and I would love to be in your group if you wanted me to be! ;)

Chelsea said...

If you want to do a group date, I'd do it with you :)
We could go laser tagging, and then get ice cream or something :D
Or hiking (Bridal Veil!)
Or Minigolf
The Zoo if you want to drive that much ;)
Anything really :) I'm excited for you! That was pretty much awesome today :D

Chelsea said...

Sarah, I did it! I asked Taylor O. for next week :) I'm really excited.

Oh, and my mom suggested that we let them know that at this point in time, your dad is driving since we cant, and tell them that they have the option to drive if they want :)