Monday, September 12, 2011

nightmare...

I fell asleep this afternoon after having a not so bad day. I was doing alright, actually. Cried a little. Looked tired enough for people to guess that something was wrong (I wasn't trying to be consoled; I was just trying to make it through the day without falling apart). I even laughed and smiled and had a wonderful lunch with one of my dear friends. It was great!

Then I got home. I forced myself not to cry, not to think, not to do anything other than focus on how soft and cozy the bed was. It worked. I slept.

I dreamed about the situation that's going on right now. When I woke up, my first thought was, "Wow. That was a nightmare. I'm so glad it was just a dream."

Then I realized it wasn't a dream. It was reality. I'm not very happy about this. Just sayin'.

No comments: