Sunday, May 3, 2009

master of the house...

A few weeks ago, my parents told me to get rid of my Facebook, Myspace, and other such accounts. I did so because I respect what they say and know that they're looking out for me (a HUGE change from about a year ago). Now, though, my mom tells me that I should remove all of my poetry from this blog. She says that people might steal my work because "it's good." What do you guys think I should do?

Prom was last night. *sigh* I'm still really sad that I didn't get asked.

Amanda and I went for a drive today with our dogs. It was fun, until we took the dirt road detour where there was road construction and nearly got stuck. I just went where the detour arrow pointed. It would probably have been better if we'd just turned around, instead of bumping and jumping around. I wonder if someone moved the arrow to point to the dirt road as a joke. :?

My dear, dear, dear friend Shelby called me today. We haven't talked to each other in almost four months, due to the fact that I'm an airhead and lost her phone number. No, she doesn't have Internet and can't get onto her email at school, and no, I don't have her home address. I should have asked for that. Anyways, we talked for awhile and she gave me her new number, and we're planning to get together sometime this summer or next Christmas! Shelby is so awesome. I love that girl so much. She's the greatest. And she broke up with her boyfriend, which is even greater. I really, really, really did not like him. He made me feel rather nervous and anxious. Maybe I'm just naturally suspicious of anyone who could potentially hurt my friends. I'm this kind of girl-"Break her heart and I'll break your face." Lol.

Well. I'm going to go to bed now. Ta.

2 comments:

Q said...

You could get a Wordpress blog and post your poetry there, password protected.

heather said...

I don't think you should be worried about people stealing it--those that read your blog read it to enjoy it, not to steal everything.

And even if they do steal it--so what? It's not like you really make money off of poetry--all professional poets have to have a day job (usually teaching English), because poetry is absolutely NOT a high paying profession.

So I wouldn't worry about it. No one is going to make big money off your poetry because poetry isn't really a high-grossing thing, and if they can't make money, they won't steal it.

The only thing I would worry about is if you wanted to get that poetry published at a later date--because you've put it on your blog, you've already self-published it yourself, so it can create some difficulties. However, if your purpose is to become a better writer, not to get published, then you are absolutely fine.