Thursday, August 20, 2009

hectic...

I've been so busy. Shopping, working, rehearsing, volunteering, and just trying to keep my head above water has taken up most of my time lately. Here's the general idea of what's gone on:

1. Tuesday we had our first full run for Oz. It went...okay.

2. My last summer day volunteering at the library was on Tuesday morning, and it was the day that I finally got my volunteer badge. Funny how that works.

3. Wednesday the girls, mom, and I went shopping for school stuff (mostly for my sisters) and things for costumes. We found gorgeous gold hair clips to use for MOLO. I'm way excited.

4. Rehearsal went surprisingly well. Show run time at this present day is 2 hours 8 minutes. Not bad.

5. The first day of school was today. It sucked, but could have been worse. Sarah Hawkins sits next to me in math, so we are having too much fun. Algebraic equations are not supposed to be fun. At least according to the other students in the class. It will be super weird being one of three seniors in Algebra II. Most of the others are stuck up little sophomores. Seriously, those kids have ISSUES this year.

6. I really, really, REALLY want to take Mr. Jackman's Health Science class. So, I'm dropping Woods tomorrow to take H.S. instead. YAY!!!

7. I don't have rehearsal tonight, which is why I'm snagging a minute to write this.

8. My manager forgot that I don't get out of class until 3:15 on Tuesdays and Thursdays this fall. He has me scheduled to work every Tuesday at 3:00, and I can't even get there until 3:30 or 3:40.

9. The box holding my pasta salad in my Spiderman lunch bag leaked all over. I'm SO glad that we bought lunch box/bags instead of using paper sacks. Phew.

10. I'm exhausted.

11. AND I need to find a 15-30 second monologue to memorize because I'm auditioning for "Guys and Dolls" at my high school on Monday or Tuesday. I won't get a really good part because Mr. Criman, the drama man, always casts his drama students in the leads. Which is kind of sad, because some of them suck and some of them just have crappy attitudes and are way rude to everyone else. :P

Good bye. I'm going to watch "Avatar" now, because my homework is done. :P

2 comments:

Ziggy Stardust said...

Sounds crazy, take time to stop and smell the roses. Special good luck this school year.

Anne and Sasha

Woman in a Window said...

You are a breath of fresh air.

I am so excited about fall and school and all I forget I'm almost 40. I got so excited the other day I flapped my hands and almost broke one on a rocking chair. You get to go and sit in desks and call people Mr. and giggle with friends over algebra books. Ah. A breath of fresh air!