Friday, August 21, 2009

high week...

Oh, sorry. It's actually Hi Week. But High Week is so much more fun, as is a High Dance instead of a Hi Dance. Nah, there weren't any drugs or smokes or anything (that I know of) and if there were I would have skeedaddled. 'Cause "Oim a good gahrl aIy am!!!" (Eliza Doolittle, My Fair Lady) Mostly.

Yeah, yeah, I might have done a little too much booty shaking for a Mormon girl (and believe me, mine gets noticed...:P), and maybe I got too into the "Pop it, lock it, drop it" verses of "Fire Burning", BUT...compared to the rest of the crowd, I probably looked like Baby Bop on Barney dancing in her little pink slippers with her blankie. Seriously, some girls turn into Vegas night club entertainers at these dances.

Of the approximately 200 people at the dance, 100 were probably sophomores, 70 juniors, and 25-30 seniors. Pa-the-tic. Sure, there was a pregame for our football team (against SFHS) and seniors and juniors can drive, whereas sophomores can't. Doesn't help that we got CREAMED. Or so I heard through the texting grapevine. I don't have a phone, so I just saw snippets of glowing conversations while dancing. Dunno.

I had to leave early because I've got the for reals Rehearsal of Doom tomorrow. Leaving at 7:30 in the am on a Saturday is not fun. Staying until 8:00 or 9:00 at night is even worse. Ugh. But hey, I'll have time to memorialize (haha) my monologue for my audition next week, work on tying fleece blankets for some kids who used to live in my ward/neighborhood (their dad was killed in a car accident last Thursday; I went to the funeral this morning and it was really sad. Pray for them, or think about them, k?), and listen to the music from Guys and Dolls on my laptop/music for my audition ("Wonderful, Wonderful Day" from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers). No homework yet. Good thing, yes? YES!!!

And I forgot to mention I changed my schedule. Again. Guess which classes I dropped/added? Guess, guess!!!

1 comment:

Char said...

alway yay for fun dancing and no homework