Friday, December 23, 2011

chipping away...

Slowly but surely I'm crossing things off of my to-do list. I don't know why it's been so hard to find motivation lately! Everything seems to take three times as much energy as it should. I usually don't leave jobs half done, but the past week and a half has seen half done, quarter done, and even eighth done projects. Even at work it's hard to get stuff done. I put out three carts of merchandise today by myself, but there were only two motivating factors: the store owner was working the shift as well, and I don't like the idea of getting paid to do nothing.

At home it's harder. No manager or owner and no pay. I don't really want to do anything. I don't even want to eat. Parker was giving me a hard time about that tonight at work. He kept trying to get me to eat Wheat Thins from the box someone had left from the previous shift. The only reason why I ate when I got home from work was because my head was all fuzzy.

I supposed chipping away at things is better than not getting anything done at all. Better to do things a little at a time with consistency than try to tackle a project and end up making a bigger mess. Case in point, my bedroom. It's almost 3 in the morning. I'm done with that project for now. Perhaps a 16th done. But if I'm honest...probably more like a 32nd. Buh.

No comments: