Friday, December 2, 2011

typing with gloves on...

Yes, I am typing with gloves on. But I didn't start this post to tell you about that. Instead, I'm writing something I thought of while trying to strike the keys with fingers clothed in heavy black fabric.

Lately I've been feeling like my life is like trying to type with gloves on. I can still do every motion and action, but there are often times mistakes that I keep repeating. The mistakes are simple and clumsy. The feeling I usually have is one of extreme awkwardness, and I am generally uncertain about every move I make. Whether it's a big decision or a little one (ie. to stay in LDC vs. getting hot chocolate or apple cider at the cafe), a sentence I say or don't say, a friend I make or don't make...I feel the need to move cautiously so as to not make someone or something upset with me.

On the flip side, the more I wear these gloves while typing, the more accurate I become. The more accurate I become, the more confident I feel in wearing these gloves while using a keyboard. I have to strike the keys with careful, deliberate motions, working hard to feel every single key through the gloves, making sure that my fingers are properly placed. It's quieter, too, typing this way. Perhaps it isn't always a bad thing to go slowly and to proceed with caution. Perhaps it is in being patient and diligent that success comes. Be patient instead of fearful in decision making...

PS My family has a new dog. Her name is Molly. She is a very tiny but obnoxious little animal. Cute, yes. A practice in patience? Most definitely.

No comments: