Thursday, December 8, 2011

uplifted...

I've had so much on my mind today. I guess it showed a lot in my face this morning...oops. I need to work on my thought and facial expression connection. No need to be a billboard that says "I'm THINKING about stuff!" Buh.

Despite all of the things on my mind, I feel good. There have been some rocky moments, but for the most part it's been a really happy, peaceful day. It helps that I spent time with little Amy this evening, dancing around in her living room to Christmas music by the glow of the tree lights. That definitely helped. It's hard to be sad when your 4-year-old best friend comes running to the door and launches herself into your arms, saying "I LOVE YOU!" and then after a few seconds of a giggly, squeezy embrace says, "Hug me tighter." Precious much? I treasure all of the moments I've had with that little angel.

It really has been a great day. Temple this morning, singing with LDC and then lunch with some of the gang afterwards, a nap (very important), and visiting the Raddatzes. It's been awesome. I'm super grateful for today.

No comments: