Friday, February 6, 2009

cough, cough...

I cannot stop coughing. Seriously. I don't know what this is, but it's stupid and I want it to go away. NOW!!!

Last night was fun. I went to SNM and saw my buddy, Sheleena. During the group activity, we made "iPods." I put quotations around that because, well, this is how it works. The only songs that they play are sappy Valentunes such as "Call Me, I'm Yours, Hot Stuff," and "Chill Out, Be Mine, Luv U." The earbuds are shaped like candy kisses. Get it yet? Yep. We MADE them out of conversation heart boxes, paper, stickers, yarn, and Hershey's kisses. What you do is this:

1. Tape two pieces of white or black yarn to the back of the candy heart box.
2. Fold the paper around the box and tape it closed.
3. Stick one large round sticker on the lower side of the box for the dial, and a rectangular one on the top for the display.
4. Tape two Hershey's kisses to the end of the yarn.

There you have it. Your iPod Valentune is ready to go! It was really fun. The special needs girls were lining up hearts, and us buddies would read them out loud for their "song." One girl was all excited to share her song with the group, but another Downs girl sitting next to the girl reached over to the line of hearts, scooped them into her hand, and popped them into her mouth. The girl with the song screamed out, "She just ATE my SONG!!!" The culprit chewed slowly and hung her head. She took her own iPod out of her coat pocked and handed it to the singer. "You can have mine," she whispered. The singer looked at it and said, "That's okay. I don't even like this candy." It was really cute.

Blargh, I'm coughing again. I hate this crap, whatever it is. I missed most of History today because Mr. Carpenter was tired of me interrupting his lecture with my incessant coughing. I spent most of the class period in the bathroom coughing. I did get to a phone and mom was able to bring some cough syrup (not Niquil, but just as bad if not worse). That helped.

I really, really, really want to get better.

No comments: