Friday, July 3, 2009

whups...

I forgot to mention that it was my sister's birthday yesterday. Declaration of Independence baby! No, the DoI is NOT my sister, but my sister is a DoI baby. MM just turned 15. She said that this is the first birthday she's had where she actually felt older. I told her to wait until she hits 17. Everyone treats you like your life is half over for six months, and then they get all excited about hearing you're close to 18. And a little worried.

I probably should have talked about the signing of the DoI as well, since it was actually on July 2, 1776. It just wasn't accepted by the people/there wasn't time to get a big enough celebration the day it was actually done. I should know more about it; it's my assigned section for my sisters' and my History Fair project. Yes, I got dragged into it again. But if there's the slightest inkling of an idea of visiting the Library of Congress, I'm so in.

Tomorrow is the 4th. Happy 4th. But fireworks are expensive, my mom is sick in bed after a small "mini stroke" as the doctor called it last time (her second one was yesterday), Misty keeps attacking things so I'm afraid to take her places, my sisters' and I can hardly walk, we all slept through the Balloon Festival, and my brother and sister-in-law are out of town. I think we'll have to think of something else to do today and tomorrow. Not the parade-you have to set up a tent and stay there four days in advance now-a-days. It's ridiculous, but it's a necessity now because otherwise-there are NO spots left. Perhaps the Art Festival though. And maybe the BYU Museum of Art, if they're open. Hm...

3 comments:

Q said...

You have a brother?? Since when?

Sarah Anne said...

Since forever. My dad has been divorced before, and my brother is his and his first wife's. So he (JB) is 14 years older than I am. Thought I told you that. Sorry.

PotterGirl said...

You forgot my birthday? How wude!