Wednesday, June 29, 2011

day 50...

a picture of my most frequented place...


There are many places around town that I go to a lot. One is work. One is my own home. Friends' houses, Walmart, the mall, the bank, the gas station. There is one place, however, that I go to once a week at least, and it's one of my favorite places in the whole world. It's my town's public library. There's something about the library that is just comforting. I always feel happy there, and safe, among the thousands of books.

It's amazing how many words are held within that building--how many names and dates and ideas and stories--all in one place. I love books. I love to read and learn, to get caught up in a story. The library even smells likes the books, paper and ink and binding glue, mixed with dust and the potted flowers. To me, it's one of the best places on earth to be.

No comments: