Wednesday, March 7, 2012

the 7 habits of highly effective people...

A friend told me to read this book. He said it was life changing for him, and that he thoroughly enjoyed it.

Want to hear a secret?
I hate it a little bit.

Okay, so maybe hate is a strong word, but I don't like it very much. And the fact that I don't like it points to the problems that I have. So it's this circle dealio that goes from me reading a section ----> seeing myself in a section ----> I don't like what the section says about people like me ----> trying to change is really difficult ----> I feel like a total failure ----> those feelings are further evidence that I am "reactive, dependent, and immature" ----> I feel like a terrible person ----> stupid book ----> REACTIVE, DEPENDENT, IMMATURE ----> tears. For hours. Like, really.

I don't think I'm supposed to take this book personally...it's kind of a bad thing. But it's more like I'm seeing so many things that I do and already knew I needed to fix about myself, so the book reinforces how awful I felt about my "progress" in the first place.

Meh. This post doesn't make any sense. I'm just spewing.

Hm. That word always makes me think of house elves.

Whutevah.

No comments: