Saturday, March 10, 2012

squirrel...

A lot of things are driving me nuts lately. I should get over it.

However, I'm not over it yet. So I'm going to write it down to at least get it out of my head (haha) and be able to sleep for a couple of hours tonight instead of being awake thinking until my alarm clock goes off. Actually a minute before it goes off, because I always wake up at least one minute before the beeper starts. I hate waking up to that sound...it's a subconscious mechanism to avoid the grating ME-MEEP-MEEP-MEEP every a.m.

1. Sometimes I do really stupid things, and because they were so stupid I keep replaying them in my head and feeling my face turn red for a long time afterward. Like tonight at work. Tracy, my manager, had just gone to grab something, so I was at the front counter by myself. I was playing with a pen that we have. It's got a Santa on the top (yes, I know it's March...but the Christmas stuff is still on clearance [75% off, mind you] so the pen is there too) hooked to an elastic string, and a trigger that you push and it shoots Santa out until he hits the end of his rope. Then he bounces back and you do it again. And again. And in my case, again, for whole minutes of a shift.

Anyway, Santa tangent aside, there I was playing with the Santa Shooter, by myself. All of the sudden I whipped the pen around and did this weird ninja kick thing. At the same time I pulled the trigger on the pen and let loose a loud "HeeeeeeYAH!" while punching outward with the pen. And then I realized...I was at WORK, with customers IN the store, so I really WASN'T by myself. I spun back around feeling absolutely mortified, making sure nobody had seen it.

Thankfully, they hadn't. Phew. That could have been as awkward as I felt.

2. English paper. Oh, and the oral presentation that has to go with it. Ima go find a cliff and drive off of it in my car, k? Buh.

3. My Pinterest pin boards have stupid names. When I go to change them, though, I just can't make myself write something like "Valentine's Day" or "My Style". Every body (most-body) does that. I just can't do it.

4. I overgeneralize a lot. It's bad.

5. While I was upstairs in the kitchen studying for the exam I have to take tomorrow (number 6 on the "What's Bothering Georgie" list), I couldn't help but hear what my mom was watching in the other room. Henry V, with the guy who plays Gilderoy Lockhart (I can spell that, but not the actor's name) in the Harry Potter movies. All I did was hear what was going on, and I had to leave. Not wanted to leave, had to leave. And then I cried and felt like throwing up for half an hour. It was awful. It's still bothering me. Hence number 5 on the list.

We've already done number 6.

7. I can't sleep anymore. Even when I'm asleep I'm not sleeping. That doesn't make sense, but it does at the same time.

8. I complain a lot.

Something that isn't bothering me is the SUNSHINE(!!!) we've had all week and it's AWESOME.

1 comment:

Sierra @ Sierra's View said...

My Pinterest pin boards have stupid names. When I go to change them, though, I just can't make myself write something like "Valentine's Day" or "My Style". Every body (most-body) does that. I just can't do it.


hahahah I think the same thing. I need to rename them for the sake of individuality--which completely contradicts the entire purpose of Pinterest!