Monday, October 26, 2009

depressing myself...but some good news...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BFF!!!

Today is the birthday of my amazing, wonderful, adorable BFF. I love you, Zach! You're the best!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was my first day in A Cappella. Talk about amazing! I was absolutely terrified at the beginning. Mrs. Mathews took my hand when she was talking to me and started to laugh because she could feel me shaking so much. I all ready have a lot of support in this class, though. I had no idea how many friends I have until she "introduced" me as her new soprano (or something like that) and several people clapped/cheered/et cetera. It was frightening but reassuring at the same time.

I need to stop listening to the "West Side Story" music. We're going to be learning it in A Cappella, and I'm not sure of the words and tune of some of the songs so I'm practicing on my own. I was all ready depressed and tired before, but now I alternate from being somewhat composed to breaking down in tears in front of my computer. I can't figure out what's wrong with me.

Oh, wait. If I think about it hard enough, I believe I can put a finger on part of the problem. Before 7:00 it had been over a week since I'd seen or spoken to my friend. Dear, dear friend. I miss him so much. It's kind of terrifying that being away from someone does this to me. It happens with my family sometimes, too. It's never been like this with a friend though. Gah.

Anyways, it's his birthday today. I finally got up the courage to call him to wish him a happy day. My sisters, mom, and I sang to him through the phone, and he seemed to enjoy it. It made him laugh, at least, and when I teased him about how he laughed because it was so horrible he said, "No! Not horrible! Completely unexpected! I hear 'Is this Zach?' and I'm just about to say how happy I am to hear from you and then 'Hold on a sec...' and then BAM! I'm being serenaded through the phone! Awesome!"

See why I miss him? He's really fantastic. I told him about choir, and he seems really excited. His concert is this Friday, and my family is going. Yay!

"West Side Story" was depressing before I met my friend. Now it's even worse, because I *spoiler alert for this who have not seen this play/movie* imagine him playing Tony like he did last school year, and the character dies! Human hose pipe. :P

I'm putting on Linkin Park. 'Night.

1 comment:

Ziggy Stardust said...

Happy Birthday to Zach. I love the music from West Side Story, good luck, I am sure you will do great.

Anne and Sasha