Monday, October 19, 2009

worry wart...

Okay, okay. So it wasn't THAT bad. I was terrified to be true, and I could feel my voice shaking (not to mention the rest of me). I think it would have been easier if two rather accomplished singers hadn't been in the office with me. Principal Clark was there, too, so that was very scary. I've never been in the principal's office during my three years at Mountain View. Two new experiences at the same time.

I think it was all right. One of my friends told me that it was fabulous and gorgeous. The band kids loved it. A good friend of mine said it was very good, and she was glad because I stayed in the same key the whole time. Apparently I'm the first soloist to do that this school year. Haha. I actually tried to sing it in two different keys this evening. Um...I found it impossible. I just cannot do it.

I was really glad that I had an EMR today. It really helped; I was warmed up enough to hit the notes clearly. Not to mention the rehearsal was fun. Only 12 of the 30 kids showed up. I think we should kick the rest of them out because we sounded a LOT better with only the 12 there. Adding the other 18 really makes know. We don't sound as good.

I'm kind of excited for our choir concert on Wednesday, though. Because we're singing a medley of songs from the movie Nightmare Before Christmas, we're allowed to wear a hat/scarf/gloves or some other thing to dress up for Halloween. Mrs. Mathews said that since I have a solo (it's like, 4 measures and pretty much a speaking line [but I get to act like a freaky hiding-under-your-bed thing! woot!]) I can wear my black costume that I wore to the Halloween dance with Zach and Meghan on Saturday night, because it is black, and the purple will be a cool accent. Woot! I don't have to be boring! Haha.

The rest of the day was pretty lame. I was exhausted all day from the EMR and from staying up most of the night being afraid. Oh, but funny moment. This morning when I was driving to school, in the dark, by myself, I was sitting at a stop light and praying for it to turn green faster so that I wouldn't have to keep sitting in the empty street. Suddenly, out of nowhere, came a HUGE white flash and then a GIGANTIC, DRAWN OUT, ROARING thunder clap.

Pretty much the highest scream I've ever given since age 5. Holy cow, I was so freaked out! Then it happened again at a second stop light, and I was about ready to fall to pieces. Can you tell I don't like thunderstorms much? I don't know why they scare me so badly. They just do. So that was the funny/embarrassing moment that I share with you today. :)

I ate a hurried breakfast in Seminary, because I know I'm not supposed to eat in there but I was starving and could feel myself fading. Then I fell asleep in Psychology. I got thoroughly frustrated with the Algebra 2 concept we were supposed to be learning today and threw my book on the floor. A friend of mine told me I should carry a hair brush because mine is so unmanageable, which was not what I needed to hear today. I tripped going out to the car, and almost got hit twice going to Wal-Mart. It wasn't until I was looking for a shorter line that the day brightened a little bit. I only had two items, and it seemed like every person had a cart full to the brim with stuff, and there were only eight checkers open.

I was starting to get frustrated and near tears (stupid) because I needed to get home to let my dog outside and take her on the walk I'd promised, there was a huge laundry job waiting for me that I wanted to get done for my mom, my room was a mess, I hadn't finished the Algebra 2 homework in class because it's freaking retarded, I was plain exhausted, and I kept accidentally thinking about someone and how much I miss him. Withdrawals! (see? stupid!) Then a man asked me if I only had the two items. He was in line with a cart full of stuff, and two men behind him with the same. All three of them let me go ahead of them. Gosh, I was so grateful. It was amazing.

When I got home, Misty and I headed outside for some Vitamin D time and exercise. Then the laundry. I didn't get to the homework-I fell asleep on the couch while I was waiting for my mom to come downstairs for FHE (Family Home Evening). Oops. The thing is, I'm still exhausted. *sigh*

I think that's all I have to say today. Thanks to Margaret for her goddess that she researched for me. You can read about it here at Finnegan Begin Again.


Q said...

Re: Men at Wal-Mart

This is the kind of experiences that renews my faith in human goodness.

chicamom85 said...

Wow what a day, no wonder you were so tired.

Anne and Sasha

Beth Kephart said...

Georgie, regarding that essay of yours — as you can probably imagine, between running a business, teaching at Penn, doing the readergirlz work, publishing two novels and writing another my days are sort of wild (add to that this ballroom dance show and I'm about cracked through). I wonder if we can reach a compromise — if I can take a look at the first page or two and tell you what I think in terms of what I see there. If that works for you, send me your email so we can be in touch.