Tuesday, October 20, 2009

sing, sing, sing...

I sang for over 3 hours today. Wowza. That's a lot of singing. I woke up and went to Communications (which is absolutely ridiculous-loathe that class pretty much) and sat for over an hour itching to get to choir. The teacher FINALLY dismissed us and *zoom* off I went.

I'm starting to get nervous about the concert tomorrow. What if I screw up? What if I forget that I have a solo part? What if the mic isn't turned on? What if the mic IS turned on? What if my voice cracks? What if...what if...what if...

Anyway, we rehearsed on the stage during our class today, and then I went home and sang for another hour to keep warm for the after school rehearsal. I had to go in my Scout uniform, because I would be leaving the rehearsal and going straight to work. I got a few interesting comments about it, such as, "Oh, goodness! You are the only girl I've ever seen who looks fantastic in a Scout uniform!" and "Oh, PRECIOUS!!! Are you a Den Mother?" and "I want those pants." Those were all from girls. The guys were like, "Um...are you a Boy Scout?" No, stupid, I'm not a BOY scout. Duh. Haha.

Work was actually not so bad today. Andrea, the newest girl, is really nice. She's become one of my good friends. I wish we actually went to school together. I don't know what the deal is with me making good friends and not going to school with any of them. They all live 20 minutes from my house in some direction or another. Ugh. I feel so lonely.

Some good things:
  • Saw and actually spoke with Jason. I have a date with him in a few weeks, and ever since I asked him I've been terrified to talk to him again. He complimented me on my performance yesterday morning and said he was so excited because, "I was like, dude! That girl singing? That's my date! Not yours, MINE! Ha!" *blush*
  • Mr. Fieldstead, our school Student Council adviser, said that I was the best soloist for "The National Anthem" that he's heard in 10 years. He is extremely critical of singers and has been asking the principal to stop allowing students to sing it for the past three years. *blush* My friend Arielle told me to be watching for Mr. Fieldstead. Good thing, bad thing, I dunno.
  • Sarah, my Algebra 2 buddy (soon to be ex-Algebra 2 buddy; turns out she didn't need the credit so she's ditching me. *sniff* I have no friends in that class now. And really, I've tried to make some.), said she's pretty sure the drama teacher is kicking himself for not casting me and she's going to help me prepare for the "Nunsense" auditions in December. Sarah is really good at monologue selections, which I am not. Huge relief right there.
  • I seriously got compliments on yesterday ALL day today. It was weird, and so embarrassing. But it was good, too, because at least it didn't suck.
  • Yummy dinner that mom made.
  • Being told I look good in a Scout uniform was a good thing. I've seriously been paranoid about it for the longest time. Yay.
Finally got up the courage to go to Jason's house (my November Sadie Hawkins date, which is in three weeks) and deliver the brownies my mom and I made yesterday. I only did it because I knew he wasn't going to be home. Ha. Coward. Meghan went with me, and we also went to the library. Both of us found some good books. Well, she found one. I found about ten. When I'm going to read them, I have no idea. Sundays are pretty boring, so maybe then. We'll see. :)

I don't think anything else interesting happened today. I just am really, really, really missing my friends. I mean, I have friends at school, but I never see them and I don't have classes with them. It makes it really hard to go to classes where you feel completely alone. The only one where I don't is Concert Choir. And every other week I feel welcome in Psychology because my best 4th year Spanish buddy Brookie is in there. Other than that, I just feel lost. But today was a pretty good day. So I'm glad.

Man, it's good to be blogging again. I can't believe I stopped doing it for so long.

No comments: