Thursday, May 26, 2011

day 16...

a picture of someone who inspires me...



This is Ryan Eggett, choir director, teacher, and surrogate father-friend extraordinaire. He is the leader of the Latter-day Celebration choir that I have been singing with this past year. Every word that comes out of this man's mouth is either hilarious, inspiring, or a mix of both.

Sometimes he is a little intimidating. I guess it's mostly because he waits until he really knows you to be openly friendly. Brother Eggett's compliments really mean something, because he only says them if he sincerely means them. There have been a handful of occassions where he has told me something as simple as "well done" or "excellent". I felt like I was on top of the world!! The times when he said something to the same effect but with more words? Wow...those are the moments when you feel truly appreciated.

Brother Eggett is a true example of how people should act towards others. He admits his faults, but he is always trying to become better for them. He is honest, helpful, interested in the well-being of others, hard working, and always stands for what he believes in. He is a dedicated, loving father and husband. He loves people for what they are and not for what he thinks they should be. He has helped me in so many ways, and I am so grateful to call him a friend.

1 comment: