Sunday, May 15, 2011

day 5...

a picture of my favorite memory...



I have a lot of favorite memories, so I guess I don't really have a favorite. However, the first thing that came to mind happened near the end of the semester, with LDC. I don't have a picture of the actual event. It was the end of a very, very long day of rehearsing, set building, and getting things ready for our spring show. Brother Eggett gathered us together around him before we all left. He asked us if we'd sing one of our songs from the show, "Love at Home".

There was nothing glamorous about it. We were all tired and sweaty from moving things around all day. The lights were half out, the gym was a mess. There was no ceremony, no audience. All 65 of us, give or take a few, stood in a clump and just sang.

Why was it amazing? We were singing for each other. It was incredible. The sound was so wonderful. It was one of our best performances, and it wasn't even a performance. Not only that, but the feeling in that gym, at least to me, was amazing. I felt so safe, accepted, and loved. I will never forget that experience.

No comments: