Wednesday, May 18, 2011

day 8...

a picture that makes me laugh...




This is my friend Michael. When I saw this picture on Facebook after all of the choir pictures were uploaded, I about fell over I was laughing so hard. The story? LDC went on a non-tour around Utah County, and we visited some seminaries**. There we did small group activities with the high school students and made up skits, then performed for whole class periods. Some groups were a little violent, I guess...

**Seminary is a religious course for young Latter-day Saints. In Utah, LDS students can use one of their elective class periods to leave school and head over to a seminary building for religious instruction. Each year is dedicated to a different course of study: Book of Mormon, Old Testament, New Testament, and Doctrine and Convenants.. Teens can take it in high school beginning in 9th grade and can finish to graduate in 12th. It's kind of like Institute for high school students, only there is only one course offered per year at the high schools. At Institute there are dozens of classes (everyone suggests Dating and Courtship...never taken it. Yet...) If you have any questions about all of this Mormon lingo and what it means, let me know. I'd be happy to try and answer. :)

No comments: