Monday, March 2, 2009

twilight...

I went to see Twilight again, this time it being my mother's idea. Shocking, I know. My mother has been adamantly against Twilight ever since I bought the book. I was extrememly surprised at the end of the movie when she told me that she did like it. Interesting, no?

I realized the one thing that drives me absolutely crazy about that movie is Kristen Stewart. Every other person, from Charlie to Edward to Alice to Mike, do a great job. The one performance that is severely lacking and I do not believe for one minute is Bella's. I love watching the thought processes on Robert Pattinson's face, and the emotion on Billy Burke's. The interactions between Victoria, Lauren, and James with the Cullen family are so good. But Kristen just....does not work. I continually remember that Bella is being portrayed by an actress; everyone else's performance seems real to me.

The worst thing about the Twilight experience of the day was the previews. Sick, disgusting, hideous, twisted films are coming out of the big studios. I do not understand how someone could think that a movie about a dead twin who rips apart his sister's friends and family is worth watching. It's horrific. I couldn't even watch the preview, I was so horrified. And then there was one for a movie called "The Spirit" or something, and it was atrocious, too. How can people find that garbage entertaining? I don't understand it. It goes against all compassion, all light, all goodness. How can it be considered "quality work?" I don't get it.

Quotes of the Day that I Found Entertaining:

"I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can Google it." -Edward Cullen

"You don't need to worry about the dotted line. It could be the number of rats with pink shorts. Forget about it." -Mr. Clark on Carrying Capacity Graphs

"Hey look! We're gonna learn about the equator!" -Collete on the Powerpoint Presentation for Ecuador (she really did think that equator was spelled with a "c" and a "d").

Rosalie-"Is she even Italian?"
Emmett-"Her name's Bella."

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing." -I believe that I made this up a long time ago, but I could have just heard it a long time ago and forgotten. I'll just say it's mine until I'm proved wrong, which will probably happen. I dunno. I'm lame like that.

SO EXCITED FOR TOMORROW!!! JAMES DASHNER WILL BE AT BARNES AND NOBLE IN OREM AT 7:00 AND I'M GOING TO BE THERE!!! YAYEAH, BABY!!!

I'm done now.

No comments: