Monday, October 17, 2011

adviced out...

I am a very lucky person. I have many people who care about me and who take the time out of their lives to talk about the things that are going on in mine. There's a feeling of comfort that comes from knowing that there are people you can go to when you're in trouble, or when you have a super exciting bit of news, or when you need to go get ice cream. It's especially comforting to know that people are willing to listen and discuss the personal things that most others will never know about.

While I am so blessed to have so many people who I can count as friends, I am being 100% honest when I say this: I am adviced out.

As much as I appreciate people wanting to help me solve the problems and calm the worries that I have, I don't really want advice anymore. There's been so much good advice given, and yeah, some not so good, and I'm so glad that people were interested enough to help me. But now that I have all of this advice, I don't know what to do with it. There are so many ideas and so many possible solutions. There are multiple combinations of wisdom and knowledge that can be put together in trial and error fashion to come to a solution. I try to do that. Really. For some reason though, I can't find the energy or will-power to do so.

Right now I don't want advice. Is that super ungrateful? All I want is for someone to listen, someone willing to not talk and to just listen. I find myself wishing that there was someone who I could tell everything to, and who would be content with just knowing. Perhaps just a person to be with. Just to be. Even if that means simply listening to the silence of two people sitting and sharing the experience of learning one another's hearts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that why I felt like I shouldn't talk to you yesterday?

I know EXACTLY what you mean. You just get sick of people telling you how to do it; you can replay the conversation exactly as it will go, before it happens. So you end up dreading even talking to anyone.

If you need someone to listen, I'm here. I could use someone for the same purpose.

Love ya.

Sarah Anne said...

Haha, might have been! I will keep that in mind, friend. Thanks. :)