Thursday, October 27, 2011

today was a jackpot kind of day...

  1. I can't get through a shift at work without seeing at least 2 people I know. Today, I saw 7 or 8 people I know and got to catch up with the ones I haven't seen for awhile. It was very awesome!
  2. When you work retail, you meet a lot of people. Some of them aren't so awesome. Today was an awesome-people day though. One woman I met is serving a part-time mission with her husband at an addiction rehabilitation center, and she loves it! She was so super happy about it that it made me want to serve some sort of mission even more. I really enjoyed talking to her.
  3. Another woman was just as awesome; she seems to be super into eye color and was talking to me about the Edward Cullen cardboard figure's eyes. Hers are about the color of the "vegetarian vampire gold", as she described it. Then she noticed the color of my eyes and said that the color is "an incredibly interesting sort of blue" and that "the pattern of your eyes is like snowflakes! You have snowflake eyes!" Her daughter said the same thing after she led me by the wrist to where the girl was, saying that my eyes look like "lacy snowflakes". That made me feel really good. Lol, the whole conversation was a total what the random moment, but how awesome is it to just be able to connect with people and talk to them easily? That never happens to me, and now it is and I don't know why but I LOVE it! I really liked those people that I met today! They were so cool!
  4. 4 words: pumpkin cheesecake ice cream.
  5. BYU registration opened up for me today, and I was able to get every single class that I needed/wanted! Seriously, registering at the Y is like playing the lottery. With thousands of students trying to register, you're lucky to get half of the classes you want. I don't know how I managed to get them all! I'm glad that my numbers were good!
  6. PAYCHECK!!
  7. Since today is Wednesday, I wrote to Jordan. I wanted to do something different with the letter because it's going to be Halloween soon, so I went into the old Microsoft Works program that's on the computer upstairs and found some clip art files. Then I made stationary! I put a cute little pumpkin with candy pieces surrounding it in left hand corner of the page and printed a couple of sheets off. Then I put lined paper under the white paper so the writing would be straight. Presto! Home-made stationary for my best missionary friend! I hope he likes it.
  8. The truck that almost hit me tonight didn't hit me. It just almost hit my car.
  9. ALL of my new favorite songs played on the radio at some point during the day! That is one of the best things that can happen during a 24-hour period.
  10. Having good friends and good people in each area of your life is so awesome. There are good people in my Dating & Courtship class. There are good people in LDC. There are good people at work. There are good people in my family. There are good people in my group of friends and acquaintances and neighbors. There are good people who I don't even know! Good people = ultimate jackpot.

No comments: