Saturday, October 8, 2011

irritated...

I'm irritated with a lot of things right now. I was trying to compose a post in my head that would be cheerful and upbeat and positive, but everything came out sounding cynical and sardonic and rude. So I'll just be straight up and admit it: I am irritated.

I'm irritated with some people's lack of consideration for others. I don't know why some people think it is okay to blast their music in their cars late at night while parked outside after a party on a street full of families with young children and elderly couples, all of whom are trying to sleep.

I don't know why some people think it is okay to steal from stores and companies, even if the item you're taking is only worth a few cents. I don't know why some people find it perfectly fine to talk up the company dress code then turn around and wear one of the most immodest costumes in the store for the sake of advertising.

I don't know why some people can act in the name of the Lord one hour, and then the next hour spend time in the company of Satan, then go back to acting in the name of the Lord.

I don't know why some men find it perfectly fine and natural for them to intimidate and frighten and threaten women. I don't know how a man can think it's okay to use and hurt a woman because she's smaller and not as strong as he is, or that it's funny or "cute" when she flinches away from him so he keeps doing it for his own entertainment.

I don't understand. I know I shouldn't let any of these things bother me so much. I should just let them go and move on with my own life. None of these are things that I can control. I'll never be able to control the actions of others, or how those actions effect me. And all the same, I still get irritated. Now I'm not only irritated with others, I'm irritated with myself for being irritated with others.

On the bright side, I went to Zupas with my friend Coty and then we watched "Tangled". I never, ever, ever get tired of "Tangled". It's one of the happiest things to ever come into my life. Never get tired of Zupas, either. And it's hard to get tired of the company of a good friend, who loves you even when you're irritated. Another bright side: my first non-training day at work went well! I'm mostly in charge of the costume wall, which is just my kind of thing. I love costumes! Mine is super cute, by the way. I'm very much excited by it. Getting to dress up in a costume at work? Awesome!

Time for bed. Maybe some sleep, or at least some rest, will ease this annoying irritation. Or make it worse because my mind always jumps into overdrive at night. Or not, because I'm exhausted! I love having a job! It makes me tired!

1 comment:

Q said...

Things I think you should let go:

1. Irritation at those rude partiers...AFTER you call the cops on them for breaking noise ordinances.

2. Irritation at the hypocrisy of talking up the company dress code and wearing an immodest costume--because hypocrisy is something you really can't deal with. Also, if she chooses to objectify herself, well...

3. Irritation at serving Satan one minute and the Lord the next. That is something they have to work out on their own. But that doesn't mean you have to trust them.

Things you should feel righteous indignation about (because sometimes righteous indignation is the way to effect change):

1. Shoplifting of any type. (Including, in my opinion, book/movie/music piracy.)

2. Men intimidating women. That is never EVER okay.

Make sense?