Tuesday, June 9, 2009

300...

No, it's not about the Spartans in the film 300 (never seen it; just had a coworker who's obsessed with it). Today is post #300. It's weird how this is my 300th post. I never thought I'd get to that number. Now what to write about. It should be good. After all, you only reach 300 once. But I can't think of a thing to write about. Hm.

Here's something. I didn't go to ESHS today because I didn't need to. Instead I was sent to drop off and pick Meghan up (perks of having a license-you get to run errands). I decided to go a different way towards the school. Usually I go to the school on a 25mph road, because there's very little traffic and I'm generally tired. This time I went the way we drive home-it's a faster route with more cars.

As I was driving west on this road, I noticed that everything looked completely different than it does when I'm driving east on the same street. The world looks very different when viewed from the other side of the road. It's a new perspective. I saw things I'd never noticed before. New sights and new angles of familiar landmarks were interesting and sort of a lesson. Sometimes you just have to try something new; otherwise you forget that things are different from a different point of view.

Whoa, that was like, deep. Like the ocean, man. ;)

3 comments:

~*~The Family~*~ said...

Congrats on your 300th post!

spider said...

Congratulations on your 300th post!

That was way deeper than the ocean. ;)

I know what you mean, though. There's an intersection that I normally pass through going east or west, but today I approached from the south, and I almost didn't realize it was the same place.

Woman in a Window said...

Yes, yes, yes! See? Your 300 went and got me all excited! I just wrote about seeing things differently today. Sometimes it takes just the simplest shifts. Now go try it out tomorrow with something new and tell us what you see.

Life is such a fun thing sometimes.

Oh yes, happy 300!