Friday, June 5, 2009

downpour...

I have to write this while I'm listening to the thundering drops of rain pounding above my head. I feel like I'm in a great metal box with someone hammering upon it, but I'm not frightened or upset. I'm ecstatic! I love rainy days like this, with the clouds releasing their burden in one single dump. The bits of cotton fluff finally are able to tip over their buckets and pour the water onto the world below them. Renewal and rejuvanation!

Rain smells wonderful, doesn't it? It feels wonderful, looks wonderful, sounds wonderful. I don't really know if it tastes wonderful-I'm not fond of the idea of trying it.

And now the shower is over. Perhaps there will be another one.

Can't wait!

2 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

AWWWwww! Why is everybody else getting the storms?

Sarah Anne said...

I'll share with you. *works her magical powers and sends a virtual rainstorm* ;)