Saturday, April 11, 2009

inspiration...

Well, we ended up not heading for California. Sorry Bookgirl! Instead, we went to the city of St. George. I drove for about two hours, through hail, rain, hail, snow, and other very tense weather moments. I didn't kill anyone, and nobody killed me, so it was all good.

St. George is sort of a letdown, because it's just as cold and dark as Orem has been for the past few weeks. There was an art show today though that was fabulous. There were so many creative people with so many amazing pieces. I wish that I had a million dollars so I could buy people's art. It was all so amazing. I did buy some special overlaid and inlaid glass earrings, which I will post a picture of later, and a glass Peter Pan/Tinkerbell figurine for my mom. She played the role of Peter when she was younger, and it's always pretty special for her to remember it. She really liked it. I did not tell her how much it was though. :)

Later we went to In-N-Out for dinner. I don't ever want to go there again, because it was so crowded and crazy. The food was pretty good, but it was scary to me. Ah, well. I'm weird. Meghan smashed her finger in the car door and a big fuss was made. I don't know if it was for real or just show. She sometimes cries wolf for attention. We took her back to the hotel and dad stayed with her while my mom, Amanda, and I went to Wal-Mart. I saw a family of polygamists and kept catching myself staring on accident. I felt bad but my eyes were just drawn to the woman, her kids, and the man in their old fashioned clothing. I had no idea that polygamy was still practiced. They don't get caught for it very often, and I don't know for sure if it's against the law when the woman isn't under adult age. I dunno. I dunno.

We found a bunch of stuff to eat, like Trix cereal. YAY!!! I love Trix so much. Amanda and I used the gift card that our grandparents gave us for our birthday to buy three bouncy balls filled with water and glitter. Don't worry, they're durable. ;) We got three because we got one for Meghan, too. Mine's gold, Amanda's is blue, and Meghan's is purple. I also got a candle, because I love scented candles. They're the best. :) Mom got candy for Easter, but the store was completely out of Cadbuy Eggs!!! NOOOO!!! Yes, it was sad. I'll have to wait until later to get some.

After Wal-Mart, we went to Barnes and Noble to try and find a historical fiction Civil War book for Meghan to read for class. She started Gone with the Wind, but it's too long for her to read in a week. We really didn't find anything, but I love how big the store is and how nice all of the people were. At the B and N at my house, the people who work there are usually pretty rude and not helpful at all. I was really happy with the service they gave us tonight, and it was almost closing, too. I put a couple of books on hold to think about purchasing on Monday. Don't want to spend too much money, you know?

Well, still no inspiration for a poem. Lame, I know. I'm worn out, I suppose. Now I'm going to try and convince my mom to turn of House Hunters so I can go to sleep. Wish me luck.

Oh! I almost forgot. Bookgirl/Kathryn Hope of Desire has give me an award. Thanks so much, girl! It really means a lot to me. Seriously. Thanks so much.

4 comments:

Q said...

I'm prety sure with polygamy, they only register one marriage with the state government as a civil marriage, and however many more are not registered with the state. I think that's how it goes.

I want to see pictures of your earrings!

Sarah Anne said...

I'll post one tomorrow. :)

Nikki Carson (Katie) said...

Hey, Georgie! It's the first time I've actually read an ENTIRE post on your blog! (Well, I had time.) It's great to see my award on your blog. You really deserved it.
About the "LinkWithin" feature that you have- how do you get that on your blog? I have downloaded the feature, but I can't figure out how to add it to a post!

Katie

Sarah Anne said...

Hm...I don't know why it's not working. Mine LinkWithin feature just showed up after I added it. Hm...