Sunday, January 3, 2010

iiiiiiiiiii love technologeeeeeeee...along with the promised "birds"...

Between my laptop and my digital camera, I'm all set for technological woes. My comma key is absolutely ridiculous, only working when I pound on it until a miniscule speck pops onto the screen. It seems too much work for one small dot of punctuation. The battery doesn't work at all, so if I move ever so slightly it jiggles the cord and the whole thing shuts off. Not helpful. The backspace key is also having some problems, as is the delete key. Then the camera...no matter what I do the pictures seem to be fuzzy (granted there are some light issues at my friend's house...no pictures turn out in her basement no matter how good your camera is), and it won't connect to my computer unless I make sure the cord is not plugged in when I'm turning the laptop on and I don't turn on the camera until all of the programs are running.

We live in a wonderful world of gadgetry and gizmos that specifically designed for making our lives easier. I'm grateful for that.

..now if they'd just work properly...


Thank you for allowing me to vent. I feel much better now.



And now to business.

I promised photos of some interesting birds that stumbled into Carisa's basement room. Would you like to see them? I think you do...they're quite entertaining. And rather mind boggling, even. Shall we?
This weird creature, with two fellows, wandered into the family room while we were sitting around watching...oh, I think it was "Barbie's The Princess and the Pauper". This one happens to be my youngest sister. How she and the other girls got into a hoodie like this I will never venture to find out.
Mandy, Anna Jane, and Emma-three of the silliest girls in all of America.
















Now for something that I did. Carisa decided it would be fun to straighten my hair. I didn't have much of a choice in the matter, after being told to "sit down and don't move." Fine with me-I like it when people play with my hair. Especially when they know what they're doing.


Well friends, 27 and 1/2 inches looks a lot longer when it's not curly anymore. Take a look:


I'm on the left. Anna Jane is on the right.
(this was before the birds)

Basically it was another wonderfully grand adventure. I can't wait for the next one! More about Christmas break coming up soon!

3 comments:

COLEMAN said...

I lost my laptop charger (I think in the cottage in Colorado), but chargers will be chargers--not working when shaked or getting lost easy.

spider said...

I used to have that battery issue with my laptop. It got especially annoying when I had to move to another room so I could connect it to the printer. But then we got a new battery, and now all is well.

Anyway, good luck with your technology woes. (Maybe something got under your comma key? I don't really have a clue, it just seems possible.)

O_o How on earth did they manage to fit into a hoodie like that? That's just crazy. (And, come to think of it, how did they manage to walk without falling over?)

Sarah Anne said...

Coleman: Not good!!

spider: Well, first they put their legs through the arms, then their arms followed. Then they somehow got their heads through the bottom of the hoodie and...yeah. Believe you me, they fell over PLENTY of times. :D