Monday, January 26, 2009

farewell...

My good friend Nic is leaving for the MTC on Wednesday. He'll be serving a mission in France for the next two years. I'm going to miss him. It's been hard at school since he's graduated, but now he'll be across the world. I always looked forward to seeing his smile. He always smiled at everyone. Nic is so excited to leave though. About every five minutes, he'd say something like "39 hours, 22 minutes, and 45 seconds until mission begins! Yeehoo!!!" and then dance around like mad. It was pretty funny, and he was positively glowing with excitement.

Yep, I'll miss him. Luckily he's allowed to email once a week from France. And everyone who visited was told to write him a letter in a book, and he'll read it when he gets to France. He said he wants to read one a day. "It's a little piece of home," he said. Nic's a good kid. He'll do an awesome job.

My one regret: I NEVER asked him out. I wanted to so badly, but was too afraid. Ah, well. Two years and I'll be older, and he'll be more "growed-ups." Then it won't be so awkward for all of his friends to have me hanging around. I'm younger than most of them by two years, some by only one. He, Tony, Lexi, and Taylor were the only people I knew there tonight. But I'm glad I went.

Good luck, Elder! You'll be awesome!

1 comment:

Tiana Cole said...

I DIDN'T GET TO GO TO THE FAREWELL. And I totally spaced the Monday night thing. :( Glad it went well, though. He'll be so amazing in the field...My regret is that I didn't get to know him too well, even though he's so outgoing toward everyone. Do you know anything about getting updates on him or something along those lines (wow I hope all this makes some sort of sense)?