Friday, January 9, 2009

yes!!!

I passed the Skills Test in Adult Roles and got a Certificate!!!! Woohoo!

I have absolutely no idea what it is good for. I guess it'll help me get a job someday, but I really don't know why.

So someone I know is acting really depressed and will NOT even try to be happy, no matter how much I try to coax him to. He's got so much to be happy about! I mean, heck, he's a genius, he's good looking, tons of people like him, he's good at school, he has a good job, everything. He only focuses on who he hates and why he hates them and the rest of the world and why the entire world hates him (sound familiar? I'm working on it, promise). Grrrrr. And if he ruins my group's night next week, he's going to pay for it.

I worked in the school store with Matt and Flint today (the Matt). It was pretty fun, and I really like it. It's helping me work on mental math more. I always ask the person to check the change I give back, and I only made one mistake today. I did most of the work in the store, because I really really like it. I might sign up to do it two to three times a week for the rest of the school year. It's awesome. Matt and Flint were cool to work with. Matt was OCD (Or "CDO, the letters are alphabetical that way") about the way the pop cans and gatorade were stored in the fridge. Flint helped me out at the counter. And then they messed up the reception on the radio so we had static like crazy, and Matt stood there for awhile with his arm in the air acting as an antenna. I've noticed that the same people come to the store almost everyday, and then there are the once-a-weekers, the Tuesday-Thursdays, the A Day people, the B Day people, and then the people who have absolutely no idea what they want. It's pretty interesting to study people's buying habits.

Friday today!!! So happy. I'm going dress shopping for Preference tonight, and I'm raelly excited. I'll put a picture up as soon as I find the right dress.

No comments: