Thursday, January 15, 2009

taking 5...


Sometimes I feel broken inside, like a ceramic piece that has been left in the air too long and shatters at the slightest touch. No matter how hard I try to think about the good things that happened today, my heart and mind just feel empty. And no, I'm not talking about a boy.

Since I feel so awful, I'm going to play "Take 5" with myself. I'm not talking about eating the candy bar, although that does sound really good. No, this is a game my mom and I made up. Whenever I am feeling down, she says, "Take five!" Then I have to think of five things that make me happy, good things that happened during the day, or other, and then why they were good. Here we go:

1. My special needs buddy, Sheleena, looked so pretty tonight. Her sister got married this week, and Sheleena was a bride's maid. Her hair was curled and braided, and she wore a burgundy dress with a black lace shawl. I could tell that she felt amazing, and that made me so happy for her.

2. My dogs love me.

3. Coty and I ran three-quarters of a lap and are steadily reaching our goal. Yes! I know that sounds wimpy, but we both get sick a lot. So for us to be able to keep working out and getting better is a major bonus.

4. I don't know if this is good, but it felt good in my stomach *blush.* Today in Multimedia, we were in the middle of the room for a bit and I got back to my seat before everyone else. Tony sits a few seats away from me (we're in the Corner of Doom, aka the Evil Master Minds of All Time where I am the ONLY voice of reason-I'm the only girl sitting with three guys, whaddaya expect?), and as he passed me he reached out and patted me on the head. Talk about electric shock running down my spine! It was like the time I got electrocuted with the vacuum cord at work one time. Interesting story, I'll explain later. Anyway, I've never had that happen before. So yeah, that was "squee"fully good.

5. Nic Blosil, a friend of mine and an amazing kid, spoke to the Seminary Student Body today during our monthly F.E.A.S.T. (Friends Eating and Sharing Testimony). He spoke about repentance, which is a topic and principle that I have always had a hard time with. His words really helped me, and the Spirit was really strong. That was also good.

K, I definitely feel better. Sorry for my rambling in number 4. I was remembering. :)

2 comments:

Carrie Kwong said...

Here's an e-hug! *hugs* =D

Tiana Cole said...

That is a smart idea, take five. I think I'll have to try it.

Which reminds me...would you like to buy a Take 5 card from me? :) They come either separately or in packs of two, and there are lots of new places on the second one, like SubZero and Einstein and Pizza Hut. They are 5 dollars a card, and it's kind of the band fundraiser.

Okay, there's my ad. ;)